This is a Career Ladder Position
Defines, develops, modifies, tests, analyzes, and maintains software applications and information systems in support of business requirements. Advises IT leadership regarding systems performance and recommends improvements as needed. Writes code, tests, analyzes, and troubleshoots existing applications. Works with other Programmer Analysts, Database Administrator, and other Developers and Supervisor(s) to troubleshoot applications and maintain existing systems/n-tier products. Designs and implements relational databases. Develops business intelligence (BI) processes, data, interfaces, and interactivity to provide key performance indicators, dashboards, analytics, and decision support software. Analyzes user needs and reviews system specifications. Researches and documents user requirements. Designs, builds, and modifies software specifications as required to meet changing business requirements. Studies research on emerging application development software products, languages, methodologies, and standards in support of development efforts. Recommends and performs software improvements and upgrades. Modifies and maintains reports.
This is a Career Ladder Position
Programmer Analyst I
- Successful completion of technology program (>500 hrs) from a technical college with an emphasis on software development OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent with emphasis on business applications programming or systems management preferred.
- Between one (1) and three (3) years programming experience preferred.
- Must have developed simple to moderately complex software programs from customer specifications to user sign-off.
- Must have experience designing and implementing simple to moderately complex relational databases, data models and data warehouses.
- Must have experience with Agile process frameworks (e.g. Scrum) and TDD.
- Should have experience with a DevOps tool such as Azure DevOps or JIRA. Business Intelligence (BI) development and related technologies experience preferred.
- Preferred experience in cloud technologies i.e. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS)/PowerBI or other report writer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012+ and SQL Management Studio or Azure Data Studio
- Scripting languages (BASH, PowerShell, Python, GoLang, etc.)
- Proficient with Git or similar version control system\
- Optional knowledge of JD Edwards, Laserfiche, and/or Trapeze software
- Optional knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365
- DevOps tool such as Azure DevOps or JIRA/Jenkins with knowledge of YAML
- Professional knowledge and experience of Unit/Integration/UI and other testing.
- Customer service skills where application support, deployment and troubleshooting experience is required
- Communicate information and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Follow directions and programming standards according to department protocols
- Manage time, meet scheduled due dates and track the status of projects
- Prioritize tasks during multiple projects concurrently
- Must have the ability to work within a team and/or independently
- OR -
An equivalent combination or relevant education and experience.Pay Rate:
Starting at $61,500 (Programmer Analyst I) This is a career-ladder position
Close Date: Open until Filled