*New Service Employees can enjoy a $2000 Hiring Incentive. Ask for details!*
Prepare buses for daily service. Responsible for cleaning and servicing buses to include: fueling, monitor and record fluid levels, inspect lights and tires, remove trash, wipe down interior, sweep and mop, wash exterior, and report any issues to mechanics. May be required to clean up graffiti and biohazard as necessary. Perform shop clean up, operate maintenance equipment, and other shop and yard tasks as required by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Have strong mechanical aptitude and be able to identify various fluid types by sight.
- Able to learn safe driving techniques to move vehicles to and from fueling and wash bays in confined yard location.
- Able to measure fluid levels, read meters, and record data.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to acquire and maintain a DOT card.
- Have valid Utah driver’s license.
- Be a safe driver with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Have no violations of driving under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any drug within the last 10 years.
- Be able to obtain Class B CDL with air brakes and passenger endorsements within 60 days of eligibility.
- Able to maintain forklift and other equipment certifications as required.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical terminology preferred.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the job to include walking distances in a quick manner, prolonged periods of standing and walking, ability to sustain continual bending, lifting, and carrying up to 25 lbs. constantly, and working outside in all weather conditions.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
UTA’s benefits package for full-time maintenance employees includes:
- Health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance (eligible after 30 days of employment), with Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts.
- Health and Wellness Clinics for on-site medical care at no cost to employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- 14 days of paid time off (9 personal days and 5 vacation days). Increase in paid time off with tenure at UTA.
- 10 paid holidays and two paid (2) floating holidays per year.
- Retirement options - Pension Plan with 5-year vesting schedule and 457 Contribution Plan, available for immediate contributions and company matching.
- Generous tuition reimbursement for higher education, available for both bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- Apprenticeship programs available as well as other training, development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Paid parental leave for birth, adoption, and child placement (after 12 months of employment).
- Free transit passes for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Employee assistance program – includes counseling, legal services, financial planning, etc.
- UTA Well – a comprehensive wellness program designed to support employees and dependents in their health and wellness goals.
- Free on-site fitness facilities and discounted membership to VASA Fitness.
For more information on UTA’s Total Rewards benefits package, please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/rideuta/#benefits
5:30 pm - 2:00 am or 6:00 pm - 2:30 am with Sunday/Monday off *
* Shift & Days Off Subject to Change
$20.57 - $25.57 per hour plus $1.00 to $1.50 shift differential depending on shift, if applicable. This is a five year wage progression.To be considered, apply before: September 25, 2023 by 5:59 pm