Generally maintains and makes repairs to the company’s buildings, equipment, machinery, and grounds. Uses various skilled trades (i.e. electrical, HVAC, hydraulic, mechanical, construction, etc.) to repair, build, or remodel new physical structures. Some basic plumbing work. Installs support equipment to physical structures, machinery or system infrastructures. Performs necessary preventive maintenance and general maintenance of all physical facilities and associated support equipment. Completes daily work orders. Uses required hand and power tools and equipment; operates company vehicles, trucks, vans, forklifts, lifting equipment, backhoes, snow removal equipment, tows trailers that require a CDL and various other equipment. Performs snow and ice removal at various times, day or night. Some overtime may be required.
*All UTA Facilities Journeyist can enjoy a $2,000 Hiring Incentive. Ask for details!*
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of supervised work experience in one or more of the following areas
- Facilities Maintenance at the Journeyist Level; or
- Electrical at the Master or Journeyist level; or
- HVAC/Refrigeration installation/Repair/Trouble shooting at the Journeyist level;
- Graduation from a UTA approved Trade Program that produces a Diploma/Certification of Completion in HVAC/Refrigeration OR completed an apprenticeship program and obtained an Electricians Utah State License.
- Must pass a qualifying exam.
- Must own complete set of standard hand tools, for either electrician, HVAC technician, or Plumber by the 91st shift as listed on Class A / Journeyist tool list.
- Must be able to pass required DOT card
- Must be able to obtain a Class “A” CDL driver’s license by the end of probationary period.
- Must have a valid Utah driver’s license.
- Be a safe driver with no more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Cannot have any violations of driving under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any drug within the last 10 years.
- Must be able to work some overtime and holidays as needed.
- Must be proficient at a basic level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must interview for position unless considered a lateral transfer within the Facilities Maintenance department.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.UTA’s benefits package for full-time maintenance employees includes:
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
- Health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance (eligible after 30 days of employment), with Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts.
- Health and Wellness Clinics for on-site medical care at no cost to employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- 13 days of paid time off (9 personal days and 5 vacation days). Increase in paid time off with tenure at UTA.
- 10 paid holidays and two paid (2) floating holidays per year.
- Retirement options - Pension Plan with 5-year vesting schedule and 457 Contribution Plan, available for immediate contributions and company matching.
- Generous tuition reimbursement for higher education, available for both bachelor’s and master’s degree.
- Apprenticeship programs available as well as other training, development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Paid parental leave for birth, adoption, and child placement (after 12 months of employment).
- Free transit passes for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Employee assistance program – includes counseling, legal services, financial planning, etc.
- UTA Well – a comprehensive wellness program designed to support employees and dependents in their health and wellness goals.
- Free on-site fitness facilities and discounted membership to VASA Fitness.
For more information on UTA’s Total Rewards benefits package, please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/rideuta/#benefits
7:00 am - 3:30 pm with Friday/Saturday OR
Sunday/Monday off OR
6:00 am to 2:30 pm with Friday/Saturday off*
* Shift & Days Off Subject to Change
$34.36 per hour
Open till filled