Hop on board at the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) – a major transit agency in one of the fastest-growing regions in the United States! As the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) expands and develops, we need you as our Social Media Strategist(Temporary).
In this position, you will be an integral member of a team of dedicated marketing professionals. You will help them design, develop and implement social media strategies and content that educate, inform, and assist our riders and the public.
*** This will be a temporary position, with an expected schedule of 29 hours/week. This position is expected to last around 6 months but may be extended up to a year. ***
As our Social Media Strategist (Temporary) you will:
- Develop and implement UTA’s overall corporate social media strategy and ensures cohesiveness with other UTA communications initiatives.
- Maintain and monitor UTA’s social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, the UTA blog, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram accounts to pro-actively communicate agency projects and initiatives, educate, and assist riders and the public, and gather feedback.
- Manage the distribution of information across UTA’s social media platforms.
- Strategically implement and grow the agency’s social media program to ensure engaging content, responsiveness, and timely information to maintain UTA’s high standard of credibility and transparency on social media.
- Develop strategic approaches to communicating with news media through social media platforms to publicize programs, policies, positions, and activities. Develops appropriate media messages for distribution on social media.
- Serve as subject matter expert and resource on social media issues, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Train and provide direction for the social media work and activities of UTA’s Customer Communications and Social Media Specialists.
- Demonstrated work experience in the Social Media field.
- Demonstrated competency in communications, public relations, and customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years of applicable experience will be accepted.
- Familiarity with key social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe photo, graphic design, and video editing programs a plus
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
UTA’s benefits package for interns and temp employees includes:
- Training, development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Employee assistance program – includes counseling, legal services, financial planning, etc.
- 457 Contribution Plan, available for immediate contributions and company matching.
- Free Transit Pass
- UTA Well – a comprehensive wellness program designed to support employees and dependents in their health and wellness goals.
- Free on-site fitness facilities and discounted membership to VASA Fitness.
For more information on UTA’s Total Rewards benefits package, please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/rideuta/#benefits
Pay Rate: $24.279 Per Hour
If Interested, apply before: Monday, June 5th, 2023 @ 5:59 PM MST