Administers and manages UTA’s data resources including logical and physical database planning and design, data integrity, efficiency, query optimization, systems analysis/improvements, documentation, standards, recovery, improved performance, system monitoring, maintenance, tuning, upgrades, security, and new/alternate product research and recommendations. Installs, tests, and troubleshoots new DB systems. Maintains/modifies Enterprise Data Model. Assists with short- and long-term planning. Advises departments regarding needs, modifications, upgrades, and designs of data models. Provides assistance, data, and special reports to users that will help users become more productive in their jobs. Assists in the development and support of in-house and third-party applications as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business (with an emphasis on business applications programming, relational databases or system management) or equivalent education. Must understand relational databases.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with relational databases
- One year experience in systems analysis and design.
- Must also have user interface and operating system experience (Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 etc.).
- Good knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019) required.
- Working knowledge of SSRS and PowerShell.
- Working knowledge of JDEdwards is helpful.
- Must have strong customer service skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in a group setting.
- Must be able to work closely as a team with the other Database Administrator(s).
- Must understand relational databases.
Must be able to pass BCI, FBI, and UCJIS background check.
- OR -
An equivalent combination or relevant education and experience.Pay Rate:
Starting at $88,185.76 based upon experience