Are you a creative, independent self-starter with a background in Transit Oriented Community Projects? Do you want to work in an exciting industry that continues to provide integral services to the community? Drive your career forward at the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) – a major transit agency in one of the fastest-growing regions in the United States! We need you to help us build the Greater Utah Community a brighter future through design, construction, and maintenance of new and better public transportation initiatives.
The Transit Oriented Development department wants you as a TOC Project Specialist. You will join a fantastic team of highly skilled Project Specialist, working on some of UTA’s most exciting and challenging projects. Our team of Project Specialists and other professionals are problem solvers who know how to develop innovative, cost-effective, and sustainable solutions. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply now!
Under direction of the TOC Predevelopment Manager (Manager), administers day to day TOC project
operations. Meets with development partners and reviews due diligence materials, plans, and financial
documents. Coordinates TOC efforts with other UTA departments and staff. Assists with representing
TOC and UTA with development community, local and state representatives, and at various events and
meetings. Assists with documentation related to FTA and procurement policies.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: Bachelor’s Degree Real Estate Development, Finance, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Construction Management.
This is a career ladder position.EXPERIENCE:
Project Specialist l
Project Specialist ll
- Two years progressively responsible experience in at least one of the areas listed below.
- Five years progressively responsible experience in coordinating real estate projects, property development, project financing and financial analysis, or relevant alternative experience. Two of the five years’ experience stated above must be specifically working on TOD projects such as at UTA. Must also have one year experience working with government entities regarding economic development issues and real estate matters.
Must have a valid Utah driver's license. Must be a safe driver with no more than four (4) moving violations in the past three (3) years. Cannot have more than two (2) violations of driving under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any drug within the last ten (10) years.KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient at the Intermediate level in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, GIS software, and Microsoft Offic
Knowledge of at least five of the areas listed below. For some openings, expertise in specific areas may be required:Knowledge of at least eight of the areas listed below. For some openings, expertise in specific areas may be required: Urban Design Architectural Design Land Use Law Real Estate Development Urban Planning Financial forecasting Real-estate transactions Project Management Civil Engineering Construction plans and specification reviews Local general plan requirements and preparation Zoning and land use regulations Financial analysis of public agencies Federal and State environmental requirements Local transportation and public works project development Transit operations and route planning relationship between land
- Real-estate development
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Negotiation principles
- Zoning and entitlements
- Real estate finance and financial analysis
- Urban design
- Transit planning
- Environmental constraints/obligations
- Analytical & quantitative
- Land-use design and planning
- Budget management
- Verbal and written communication
- Competency in financial analysis, budgeting, and cash flow forecasting
- Computer software including spreadsheets, document creation and layout, GIS, CAD
- Work with a variety of disciplines and stakeholders
- Meets tight deadlines
- Works independently
- Clearly communicates complex concepts
This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
TOC Project Specialist I – $57,909.28 to $72,558.72 Dependent on Experience
TOC Project Specialist II – $66,349.92 to $84,331.50, Dependent on Experience
Close Date: Open Until Filled
UTA’s benefits package for full-time administrative employees includes:
- Health, dental, vision, life/AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance (eligible after 30 days of employment), with Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts.
- Onsite Health and Wellness Clinics for medical care at no cost to employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- 22 days of accrued paid time off (13 vacation days and 9 sick days), which increases with tenure at UTA.
- 10 paid holidays and two paid (2) floating holidays per year.
- Retirement options - Pension Plan with 5-year vesting schedule and 457 Contribution Plan, available for immediate contributions and company matching.
- Generous tuition reimbursement for higher education, available for any higher education degree (bachelor, master, or PHD). Course of study must be approved prior to enrollment.
- Training, development, and career advancement opportunities.
- Paid parental leave for birth, adoption, and child placement (after 12 months of employment).
- Free transit passes for employees, spouses, and dependent children.
- Employee assistance program – includes counseling, legal services, financial planning, etc.
- UTA Well – a comprehensive wellness program designed to support employees and dependents in their health and wellness goals.
- Free on-site fitness facilities and discounted membership to VASA Fitness.
For more information on UTA’s Total Rewards benefits package, please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/rideuta/#benefits